WHO IS DR. MEL?
Dr. Melissa Caudle
Dr. Melissa Caudle is an American author best known for The Keystroke Killer saga. The first in the series, The Keystroke Killer: Transcendence Part I was published on Halloween 2018 to rave reviews. Her next two novels include Never Stop Running and A.D.A.M. She has also published six adult coloring books Abstract Faces Vols. 1-6 and numerous books for screenwriters and reality show producers. Having first been a screenwriter, she turned her love into writing novels and is currently writing The Keystroke Killer: Reborn Part II. To stay up to date on all things The Keystroke Killer and Dr. Mel's releases subscribe to her blog Dr. Mel's Message.
1. Dr. Mel's Message - Updates from Dr. Mel on The Keystroke Killer project as well as other novels, her thoughts, and articles from free-lance journalists.
2. The Actor's Slate - For actors to receive advice on auditioning, headshots etc.
3. The Back Lot- Covers production tips for producers, directors, and other crew-members involved in the production of films, documentaries, and music videos.
4. The Script Doctor - Covers writing screenplays, pitching them, format issues etc.
5. Ask Dr. Mel – this section Dr. Mel answers one or two questions she received in her email, or on her blog or Face Book page she feels would be of general interest to her followers.
6. Dr. Mel's Book Club - this area is reserved for books that Dr. Mel recommends and finds intriging. Here is a book trailer for The Keystroke Killer: Transcendence available on Amazon.
7. That's a Wrap - My thoughts on current film, DVD, and book releases etc.
Dr. Mel has created five reality shows including The Baker Girls: Sealed with a Kiss and Hoops: Life off the Court, The Body Shop, At a Glance, and Reel Um In. She is currently in production on reality shows That’s Game: The Paintball Crew, River Kings, and The Body Shop and in pre-production on the sitcom, 40 & Leroy directed by Reed McCants, which is currently a web series. This series is a comedy with a host of comedians and actors including one young actor, Jamie Alyson, from New Orleans. Dr. Mel’s co-executive producer is the Emmy Award winning Director Neema Barnette, who recently directed the film Woman Thou Art Loosed: On the Seventh Day. “I knew the instant I met Neema, that I wanted to work with her again,” Caudle said. “It was within a matter of months that we teamed up on 40 & Leroy.” The sitcom is in its third season as a web series on Blip TV.
Besides being a filmmaker, Dr. Caudle is an author with more than a dozen books and articles in magazines around the world on production, creating reality shows, and screenwriting. One of her most popular books is The Reality of Reality TV: Reality Show Business Plans and The Reality of Reality TV
Workbook, which has been translated into five languages and selling
worldwide. “I receive over 300 E-mails everyday from
people all over the world,” Caudle said.
“To my amazement, I get at least five a day in a language I don’t
understand. Luckily, I have software for
a language translator; otherwise, I don’t know what I would do. Bollywood can’t get enough of my books in
stock.” Another best seller for Caudle is her book
series for Screenwriters. She named the
series, Rescue the Dog as a pun on a
statement she wrote in one of her books.
“My readers kept writing me comments on a particular section in one of
my books where I use my own dog as an example and that he needed rescuing after
I dressed him up for the annual Barkus Parade,” Caudle said. “It just stuck.” The series includes quick guidebooks for
screenwriters on how to develop and use a beat sheet, write a logline,
synopsis, and create a one pager for screenplays. Caudle also has published two books on raising
funds. Fundraising for Low-Budget Films and 150 Ways to Raise Funds for a Reality Show are the third selling
For more information check out her websites and be sure to subscribe to her blog.
Subscribe to Dr. Mel Caudle’s Social Networks
Blog - DR. MEL'S MESSAGE Twitter Facebook
TO LOOK INSIDE ANY OF MY BOOKS CLICK ON THEIR LINK