Welcome to my blog. I want to introduce you to a fabulous author and his book I think any urban fantasy fiction lovers are going to enjoy. Meet Sir Ragnarok and his book REVERIE'S END: BLADES OF MALICE.
- Sir Ragnarok
Reverie's End: Blades of Malice
- Tell your readers a little about yourself, where you grew up, where you live now, where you went to school etc. Let them get to know the personal you.I'm a gamer, anime fan, nerd, and a math teacher. I just started writing "fantasy anime novels" and I'm enjoying it so far. Constructive criticism is welcome.
- What inspired you to author this book?Years of playing Japanese Role-playing games and watching anime have finally motivated me to write my own series.
- Where did you get the inspiration for your book’s cover?"The Blades of Malice" are one of the main antagonists in the book. The cover shows their emblem.
- Who has been the most significant influence on you personally and as a writer?It's hard to say because I've played so many games, watched plenty of anime, and listened to many game composers over the years. They all molded me as an individual.
- What were your struggles or obstacles you had to overcome to get this book written?The hardest part is believing that your book can sell and actually finishing it.
- Tell your readers about your book.The land of Ethos is on the brink of war. Nine characters, many of which cannot even be classified as "good", are guided by their own motives and inadvertently guide history onto the path it was destined for. Meanwhile, the Blades of Malice, the 7 kingdoms, and the various non-human races of Ethos all seek power, but fail to see the danger that is about to envelop them all.
This is the first book in a series of short novels that I plan on writing. My main inspirations are fantasy anime, Japanese rpgs, and Game of Thrones. Chapters will usually be told from the perspective of one of the nine main characters.
Main Character Bios:
Amalia: A priestess of Twilight Sanctum. She is an orphan of war that finally sets out on a journey to help those in need, only to find out the cruelties of reality.
Miri: An adventurer mercenary from a fishing village. She wants to make a name for herself, but does not yet understand how much her journey will cost her.
Dart: A commander of the Blades of Malice. He only desires to overthrow the kingdoms of Ethos.
Will: A runaway noble and ex-soldier that chose to live life as a bard. He only desires to be free.
Gin: A mysterious man that notices a disturbance in Ethos' flow of mana.
Lita: A rage-filled assassin who has some names to cross off her "kill list".
Ordalia: A noblewoman that wants to maintain her family's authority at any cost.
Beowulf: an ex-paladin. He was branded a traitor during the war and now wanders around as a ronin.
"Sinister Man": An evil man from another world. He just wants to wreak havoc and have fun.
- Who is your target audience, and why?Fans of anime, manga, Jrpgs, Game of Thrones, or anything "nerd-related" in general.
- What do you consider your greatest success in life?Being saved by my lord and savior Jesus Christ.
- What one unique thing sets you apart from other writers in your genre?I try to minimize the use of plot armor for my characters. Plenty of Shounen anime do this and it does become cliche and annoying after a while.