Now I want to introduce you to another author and their poetry. When I was a child, I wrote poetry almost every day. I loved it. As I became an adult, I stopped writing poetry, although I love it. That is why it pleases me to showcase Retzde Brooks' book THE POETRY OF AZENITH ROSE.
Are you feeling down and it seems like no one can turn your frown upside down?
You have gone all out of your way and yet nothing ever brightens up your day?
You just don't get it and you feel like you just want to quit?
Let the poetry of Azenith soothe your soul and spirit.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Retzde BrooksThe Poetry of Azenith RoseOther: Instagram: azenithrosethewriter
- Tell your readers a little about yourself, where you grew up, where you live now, where you went to school etc. Let them get to know the personal you.I am a very passionate, risk-taker and a stubborn person when it comes to something that I want, I can’t stay in one place so I move quite often. That’s why I love my life being a freelance language coach where I can do my job anywhere in the world and write at the same time as much as I can. Fascinated by the beauty of the Alps, Austria is the place I see myself raising a family. It has caught my heart. I have a degree in Business Administration and an undergraduate in Law at the behest of my loving parents.
- What inspired you to author this book?Truth be told, I started writing at the age of nine but I put the dream of being a writer on the back burner because times were tough, I needed to help my parents raise our family at a very young age. I held a huge responsibility so I told myself, once things are settled with them, I will come back to this dream and so here I am, fulfilling a promise I made to my 9-year-old self.
- Where did you get the inspiration for your book’s cover?The cover of my book is inspired by how beautiful it is to turn our back on things to find inner peace, that there is beauty in silence. What they call boredom is actually freedom. Noise is temporary, silence is our sanctuary. My short-lived marriage taught me that- there is beauty in TURNING OUR BACK on things that will never happen no matter how hard we try. We just have to let go and let life take over sometimes.
- Who has been the most significant influence on you personally and as a writer?Personally and as a writer, I can't point out one specific person because every person I meet has their story and I truly believe we all have stories to tell and so each of them has influence in me as a person and in my writing. I am a patient listener and a compassionate one. So each person that comes and goes in my life, they hold a spot and they influence me one way or the other.
- What were your struggles or obstacles you had to overcome to get this book written?Crisis of confidence and the lack of support from people around me. When I told my family and close friends that I will soon publish my book, my family was not really thrilled about it and that I should keep my day job and focus on what keeps the finances afloat. They sort of thought I was kidding. I know they mean well but that really made me doubt myself a lot, but I did what I wanted anyway. So here I am publishing my first book, stubborn as I can be.
- Tell your readers about your book.I wrote this book not for the market but for the people who need encouragement and inspiration when the world no longer makes sense. Some of us have huge responsibilities, sometimes too much is just too much and we have no one to turn to but we can't afford to be weak because a lot is expected from us. This book is intended for those people who carry the world on their shoulders. I wish someone told me those words I have written on this book when life kicked me in the gut and left me crawling on the ground alone- yet no one did, no one came to my rescue so I decided to be my own hero. I then wrote this book hoping no one will ever feel the same way I feel when life seems unkind. That is my simple words and chapters, one can find a companion and a friend in the form of a poem.
- Who is your target audience, and why?People who have no choice but to be strong, people who burn themselves just so they can give light to others, the single mothers, parents, those who wanted freedom from the chains of life and lies, those who won't take off their mask and let go of disguise, those who are tired, those who give up their lives so others may live- this book is for all of you. To let you know somehow that you are appreciated, loved and that you are not alone. My verses will take the journey with you.
- What do you consider your greatest success in life?Seeing my siblings with their diplomas, reach their dreams, seeing my parents happy as it is my turn to take care of them and my little mini-me growing up in the right path as a very fine adorable little girl despite the fact that I have to raise her alone by myself is my greatest success. No amount of money or recognition can ever replace that. I may have achieved academic or work-related recognition but these pale in comparison to the joy of seeing the people that I love contented and free from the worries of this world because I got them, I got their back.
- What one unique thing sets you apart from other writers in your genre?I believe that there is nothing to lose in doing what I love. I write without borders, I write from the deepest desires of my heart. What makes me different is, being a writer for me is not a label. I write for the readers, that's why I keep my lines simple and relatable because I am one of the masses. I am one of the readers, I just happen to hold the pen.