|BUY NOW ON AMAZON|
Hemingway's Daughter Kindle Edition
by Christine M. Whitehead (Author)
Finn Hemingway knows for a fact that she's been born at the wrong time into the wrong family with the wrong talents, making her three dreams for the future almost impossible to attain. She burns to be a trial lawyer in an era when Ruth Bader Ginsburg is being told to type and when a man who is 500th in his law school class is hired over a woman who is first in hers. She yearns to find true love when the family curse dictates that love always ends for the Hemingways, and usually, it ends badly. And finally, she'd give up the first two dreams if she were able to triumph on the third. She longs to have an impact on the only thing that matters to her father: his writing. To accomplish that would require a miracle. All three dreams are almost impossible, but it's the "almost" that keeps Finn going. Ernest Hemingway had three sons but ached to have a daughter.
This is her story.
- "GEM!" 5 Stars (Shrabastee Chakraborty for Readers' Favorite)Hemingway's Daughter is a beautiful book, merging a memoir and a coming-of-age story. While the central character never existed in reality, you couldn't have guessed it from the book. This is a gem of a book, a heartwarming read to anyone who wished to read realistic fiction.
- "REMARKABLE FICTION SO REAL ONE MAY START TO BELIEVE HEMINGWAY REALLY HAD A DAUGHTER" 5 Stars (Maria Beltran for Readers' Favorite)
- "BRILLIANTLY POIGNANT STORY." 5 Stars (Emily-Jane Hills Orford for Readers Favorite)
- "UNRIVALED MIX OF FICTION AND REALITY! I ABSOLUTELY LOVED HEMINGWAY'S DAUGHTER. THE CHARACTERS FELT SO REAL THAT IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE THEY ARE FICTIONAL" 5 Stars (Foluso Falaye for Readers' Favorite)
- "Through Finley's narration, we have a peep into Hemingway's failings and significant victories. The plot is intriguing and captivating. I found myself glued to this book right till the very last page." ONLINEBOOKCLUB.
- "Hemingway's Daughter is well-written fiction that could easily have passed as non-fiction had I not known Hemingway did not have a daughter. I read this book in one day because the pages kept turning themselves. It made me cry. It made me laugh. It made me cheer. I recommend this book to anyone who appreciates a story written like a piece of art instead of just words on a page." Reviewed by Kristi Elizabeth for City Book Review, San Francisco.
- "Christine Whitehead does an excellent job of winding the realities of writer Hemingway's fiery personality with the fictional presence of a daughter who must make her own way in life under the umbrella of her father's fame. Thought-provoking and steeped in Hemingway's personality and a fictional daughter's challenges, Hemingway's Daughter is especially recommended for fans of the literary figure who are interested in exploring the glue of what held Hemingway's family together, and the possibilities of a different approach had a daughter been involved." Reviewed by Diane Donovan for MidWest Review.
- "This is an amazing, beautifully written book. Although it is a work of historical fiction, the events and timelines are indicated as accurate. Due to the author's dedicated research efforts and talent as a storyteller, it's nearly impossible to tease out the actual from the fantasy. The intricate role Finn plays in her father's life will leave fans wishing she was real, that she could have really had a place in this fascinating man's orbit." Jennifer Padgett for City Book Review, Manhattan.
|BUY NOW ON AMAZON|
- ASIN : B098PRVP6Y
- Publisher : Independently published (July 2, 2021)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 426 pages
- ISBN-13 : 979-8723557581
- Item Weight : 1.38 pounds
- Dimensions : 5.5 x 1.07 x 8.5 inches
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
www.christinewhitehead.com and www.theblogalsorises.com
Lawyer by day; novelist by night, Christine Whitehead can't resist a good joke, a large dog or four, a gray horse, anything and everything Hemingway, or a great love story. She writes about what she knows, but just as often about what she doesn’t know. When not in a courtroom or a barn, she can be found roaming the woods of Connecticut with said large dogs and sometimes on that gray horse.